We are happy to announce that on June 14-18, 2021 we will hold the 2021 Virtual School on Electron-Phonon Physics and the EPW code. This is the second event of a series that started in 2018 with the International School on Electron-Phonon Physics from First Principles, which was held at the International School for Advanced Studies in Trieste.
This school will introduce participants to advanced first-principles calculations of electron-phonon physics and related materials properties. It will include lectures and hands-on training sessions on the following topics:
* Recent developments in maximally-localized Wannier functions
* Carrier transport and magnetotransport: conductivity, mobility, Hall effect
* Phonon-mediated superconductivity and Migdal-Eliashberg theory
* Polaronic effects
* Phonon-assisted optical processes
* Many-body approaches to the electron-phonon problem
The school will be based on the EPW code, which is a core module of the Quantum ESPRESSO package, and the training sessions will be held on the supercomputers of TACC, the Texas Advanced Computing Center.
Full details on the school and the application process can be found here: https://epw2021.oden.utexas.edu
The application deadline is May 5, and successful applicants will be notified by May 15.
We are looking forward to seeing you at at the school,
Roxana Margine, Samuel Poncé, Emmanouil Kioupakis, Hyungjun Lee, and Feliciano Giustino